POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Amalthea, lit by Jupitershine : Re: Amalthea, lit by Jupitershine Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amalthea, lit by Jupitershine
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 7 May 2009 07:39:12
Message: <4a02c860@news.povray.org>
High!

Rarius wrote:

> I wouldn't bother unless you want to produce telescopic views.
>  The human
> eye can only see stars down to about Mag 5.5-6.0... This means the brightest
> 1500 stars or so.

...as an amateur astronomer (owning a Newton 4.5-incher, on parallactic
mounting) I'm quite aware of this... but I can't rule out to generate
also telescopic views with PoVSolar in the future!

> I converted the Bright Star Catalogue (BSC) into a POV include a while back.
> I'll post it in the povray.binaries-scene-files for anyone to look at.

Good idea... is it in the public domain like Hipparcos?

But my original question was about fine-tuning radiosity...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Barco a Venus (Mecano)